What is dynamic lock in Windows 10
Windows 10 has a new feature called dynamic lock that can automatically lock your Windows 10 PC when you’re not around. Here’s how to set it up.
The dynamic lock is a new feature in Windows 10 that automatically locks your PC when you’re not around. It uses the proximity of a Bluetooth-paired phone to know when you step away from your PC, and doesn’t require any special hardware. All you need is a phone that can pair with your PC over Bluetooth and the Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed on your PC.
Here’s how to set up dynamic lock:
- Make sure your phone is paired with your PC over Bluetooth. You can check this in the Bluetooth settings menu on your PC.
- Go to the Settings app on your PC and go to Accounts > Sign-in options.
- Scroll down to the Dynamic lock section and turn it on.
- That’s it! Now, when you step away from your PC, it will automatically lock itself after 30 seconds.
How to set up dynamic lock
Dynamic Lock is a security feature in Windows 10 that automatically locks your device when you step away from it. When Dynamic Lock is turned on and you’re signed in, Windows uses sensors to detect when you step away from your device. If it does, it locks the device and turns off the display. To sign back in, just enter your password or PIN like usual.
How to use dynamic lock
Windows 10 dynamic lock is a security feature that automatically locks your PC when you step away. It uses a Bluetooth connection to detect when you’re nearby and lets you sign in with just a tap.
Here’s how to set it up and start using it:
- Make sure you have a PC with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update or later, and a phone with Bluetooth.
- On your PC, go to Settings >Accounts >Sign-in options.
- Under “Dynamic lock,” turn on the feature and make sure your phone is connected to your PC via Bluetooth.
- When you’re ready to step away from your PC, just walk away—after a minute or so, Windows will automatically lock itself.
- To unlock your PC, just come back and enter your password (or use Windows Hello). Dynamic lock will automatically sign you in if it detects that your phone is nearby
You can also choose to have dynamic lock turn off the monitor when you step away—just go to Settings > System > Display and turn on “Lock my screen.”
Pros and cons of dynamic lock
Dynamic lock is a new feature in Windows 10 that allows you to lock your PC automatically when you’re not around. It uses a Bluetooth connection to detect when you’re in range, and if you’re not, it will lock your PC.
There are some pros and cons to using dynamic lock. One pro is that it’s more convenient than having to remember to lock your PC every time you leave it. It can also be more secure, since it’s harder for someone to break into your PC if they don’t have your Bluetooth device.
One con of dynamic lock is that it’s not very reliable. If your Bluetooth connection is interrupted, your PC might not lock. And if someone does have your Bluetooth device, they could potentially use it to unlock your PC without your permission. Overall, though, dynamic lock is a helpful new feature in Windows 10 that can make your life a little bit easier.