Welcome to my blog! If you’re looking for information on how to link your Skype and Microsoft accounts, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, I’ll share everything you need to know about connecting these two platforms.
I’m sure you’re familiar with Skype, the popular video and voice-calling app. And you probably use Microsoft products like Outlook, Word, and Excel on a daily basis. But did you know that you can actually merge your Skype and Microsoft accounts?
By doing so, you can enjoy the best of both worlds: the convenience of Skype’s communication features with the added benefits of Microsoft’s productivity tools. Ready to learn more? Let’s get started!
How to link your Skype and Microsoft accounts
If you use Skype and Microsoft products such as Outlook, OneDrive, or Office, you may want to consider linking your accounts. Linking your Skype and Microsoft accounts allows you to sign in to Skype with your Microsoft ID—which is usually your Outlook.com or Hotmail.com email address. This also enables new features—like logging in to Skype directly from outlook.com, and getting easy access to all of your Skype contacts when using Outlook. You can link your accounts by signing into Skype and going to the “Linked accounts” section under Settings, or you can follow the instructions below:
1) Go to the Microsoft account sign-in page and sign in with the Microsoft account that you want to use to sign in to Skype.
2) Enter your password if prompted, then select Sign in.
3) On the next page, select Allow.
4) You’re now signed in! The next time you sign in to Skype, just enter the same Microsoft account email address and password that you use for other Microsoft products, and select Sign in.
How to use your Skype and Microsoft accounts together
If you have both a Skype account and a Microsoft account, you can link them together to make it easier to sign in and manage your Skype settings. Once you’ve linked your accounts, you’ll only need to sign in with your Microsoft account username and password to use Skype.
Linking your Skype and Microsoft accounts has several advantages:
- You can use either account to sign in to Skype.
- If you forget your Skype password, you can reset it using your Microsoft account password.
- You can manage your Skype settings using the Skype for web interface or the Skype app for mobile devices.
- You can use the same credit card or PayPal™ account for all your Microsoft products, including Skype.
- If you’re an administrator for a work or school account, linking your personal Microsoft account makes it easy to switch between your personal and work accounts in Skype.
To link your Skype and Microsoft accounts:
- Sign in to the Accounts page with your Microsoft account username and password.
- Under Your profile, select Edit profile.
- Under Account details, select Linked accounts, then Link a new account.
- Enter the email address and password for your Skype account, then select Link accounts.
- If prompted, enter thecaptcha code shown on screen (this is to verify that you’re not a robot), then select Continue .
How to get the most out of your Skype and Microsoft accounts
If you’re like most people, you probably use Skype and Microsoft products every day. But did you know that you can get even more out of your Skype and Microsoft accounts by linking them together?
Linking your Skype and Microsoft accounts gives you a number of benefits. For example, you can:
- Use your Microsoft account to sign in to Skype
- GetSkype call history and voicemail in your Outlook.com Inbox
- Save money with exclusive Skype offers for Microsoft account holders
So what are you waiting for? Linking your Skype and Microsoft accounts is easy, and it’s a great way to get the most out of your favorite products.
How to troubleshoot linking your Skype and Microsoft accounts
If you’re having trouble linking your Skype and Microsoft accounts, there are a few things you can try:
-Make sure you’re using the latest versions of Skype and Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.
-Clear your cookies and cache.
-If you’re still having trouble, contact Skype Customer Service.
FAQs about linking your Skype and Microsoft accounts
Q: How do I link my Skype and Microsoft accounts?
A: You can link your Skype and Microsoft accounts in just a few steps:
- Sign in to your Skype account.
- Under your profile name, select Account & Settings > Account settings > Skype & Microsoft.
- Follow the instructions to sign in with your Microsoft account credentials.
Q: What happens when I link my Skype and Microsoft accounts?
A: Linking your Skype and Microsoft accounts has several benefits:
-You can use either account to sign in to Skype, Outlook, OneDrive, or Xbox Live
-You can receive notifications about new Skype messages in your Outlook inbox
-If you have contacts in both Skype and Outlook, they will be automatically merged in the Skype contact list
Q: Can I unlink my Skype and Microsoft accounts?
A: Yes, you can unlink your accounts at any time by signing in to Skype and going to Account & Settings > Account settings > Skype & Microsoft.
Tips for using Skype and Microsoft accounts together
You can use your Skype and Microsoft accounts together to sign in to Skype, Outlook.com, OneDrive, Xbox Live, and other Microsoft services. By using a single account, you can get the most from your Skype and Microsoft experiences.
Here are some tips for using your Skype and Microsoft accounts together:
-Make sure you have a Skype name and a Microsoft account. If you don’t have both yet, visit skype.com to create a Skype name, or sign up for a new Microsoft account.
-Download the latest version of Skype. Older versions of Skype won’t work with your Microsoft account.
-Remember your password and username for both accounts. If you forget either one, use the forgot password feature on the sign in page to reset it.
-When using Outlook.com or other Microsoft services, be sure to enter your full email address as your username (for example, email@example.com).
-If you want to use a different Microsoft account with Skype, sign out of Skype first, then sign in again with the new account information.”
How to link your Skype and Microsoft accounts on mobile
You can now link your Skype and Microsoft accounts to easily manage your conversations and contacts in one place. Here’s how to do it on your mobile device:
- Tap the profile picture in the top left corner of the main Skype screen.
- Tap Settings, then select Accounts & Profile.
- Under Account info, tap Manage linked accounts.
- Select Microsoft account, then enter your Microsoft login email address and password.
- Once you’re signed in, tap Allow to approve linking your Skype and Microsoft accounts.
- You can now use your Microsoft account to sign in to Skype on any device, as well as access other Microsoft services like Outlook and OneDrive.
How to link your Skype and Microsoft accounts on desktop
You can link your Skype and Microsoft accounts to create one combined account, making it easier to sign in and manage your details. When you link your Skype and Microsoft accounts, you can use either account to sign in to Skype, Outlook.com, OneDrive, Xbox Live, Office 365, and other Microsoft services.
Here’s how to link your Skype and Microsoft accounts:
- Sign in to the account that you want to use as your primary account. This is the account that you’ll use to sign in going forward.
- Go to https://www.skype.com/en/account/merge/.
- Enter the email address and password for the Microsoft account that you want to merge with your Skype account, then click Sign in.
- Review the Terms of Service and Privacy & Cookies Policy, then check the boxes if you agree to them.
5button-merge-accounts” title=”Merge your accounts”>Merge accounts